Care of Urostomy
A pouching system is worn. Pouches are odor free and come in many different types to fit your body contours, personal preferences and lifestyle. Ostomy supplies are available at medical supply stores and through the mail and are covered by most health insurance plans.
United Ostomy Associations of America
P.O. Box 525
Kennebunk, ME 04043-0525
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-826-0826.
Our Information Line hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm (Wednesday until 2pm) EST. If you have an emergency, please dial 911 or contact your local medical professional.
Please understand that UOAA is a private, nonprofit, advocacy and informational organization. We are not a medical facility and we do not have medical or legal professionals on staff. Therefore, UOAA does not provide Medical, Mental Health, Insurance or Legal Advice.
UOAA is the leading organization proactively advocating on behalf of the ostomy community. Recognizing that we are always stronger together, we encourage everyone to get involved by joining our Advocacy Network. We’ve also created several Advocacy Tools and Resources to help you successfully advocate on behalf of the ostomy community to ensure every ostomate receives quality care.
- Your Ostomy is Just the BeginningJune 22, 2021 - 2:41 pm
- Ashley and Mariah’s Story: A Young Daughter Inspires her Mom to Break Down Walls When Advocating for Short Bowel Syndrome CareJune 16, 2021 - 11:08 am
- What can I do with a Urostomy? What can’t I do?May 25, 2021 - 1:47 pm
- Katie Lee’s StoryMay 12, 2021 - 11:01 am
- How to Deal with Peristomal HerniasApril 20, 2021 - 9:12 am
UOAA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.