Care of Urostomy
A pouching system is worn. Pouches are odor free and come in many different types to fit your body contours, personal preferences and lifestyle. Ostomy supplies are available at medical supply stores and through the mail and are covered by most health insurance plans.
United Ostomy Associations of America
P.O. Box 525
Kennebunk, ME 04043-0525
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-826-0826.
Our Information Line hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm (Wednesday until 2pm) EST. If you have an emergency, please dial 911 or contact your local medical professional.
Please understand that UOAA is a private, nonprofit, advocacy and informational organization. We are not a medical facility and we do not have medical or legal professionals on staff. Therefore, UOAA does not provide Medical, Mental Health, Insurance or Legal Advice.
Would you like to share your personal patient story with us, write a blog of interest to the ostomy community, or share the trusted educational resources of UOAA on your social media channels and encourage ostomates in need to reach out to local UOAA Affiliated Support Groups? If so, consider becoming a UOAA Social Media Ambassador. For more information please contact UOAA’s Communications and Outreach Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Relationships, Sex & Intimacy with an Ostomy or IBDFebruary 10, 2021 - 11:03 am
- Angie’s Story: Going Public about Her Ostomy After 38 YearsFebruary 8, 2021 - 11:25 am
- Sexual Issues with an Ostomy: Physical Therapy for the Pelvic FloorFebruary 2, 2021 - 2:45 pm
- Fertility, Pregnancy, IVF for Women with an OstomyJanuary 22, 2021 - 11:37 am
- New Ostomates Deserve Our BestJanuary 20, 2021 - 3:25 pm
UOAA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.