Ostomy Support Group
We welcome you to attend our Ostomy Support Group! As an affiliated support group of the United Ostomy Associations of America (UOAA), our Ostomy Support Group seeks to provide a supportive, confidential place for ostomates, caregivers, family, and friends to give and receive support facing life prior to and after colostomy, urostomy, or ileostomy surgery, as well as continent diversions. We hope to promote wellness by providing peer support and socialization through helping members identify and solve problems with guidance from ostomates, ostomy clinicians, and locate local resources. Guest speakers will also present based upon interests expressed by group members.
- The group meets every month, on the 2nd Wednesday from 4–5 PM.
- Meetings are currently being held remotely via video.
- Facilitators are:
- Tyla Pratt-Wildman, MSN, RN, WCC, OMS, CIC
- Shawnna Prendergast, BSN, RN, CWON, WCC, OMS, CRRN
- To request further information about the next group meeting, please contact: email@example.com or call (603) 681-3226.
United Ostomy Associations of America
P.O. Box 525
Kennebunk, ME 04043-0525
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-826-0826.
Our Information Line hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm (Wednesday until 2pm) EST. If you have an emergency, please dial 911 or contact your local medical professional.
Please understand that UOAA is a private, nonprofit, advocacy and informational organization. We are not a medical facility and we do not have medical or legal professionals on staff. Therefore, UOAA does not provide Medical, Mental Health, Insurance or Legal Advice.
UOAA is the leading organization proactively advocating on behalf of the ostomy community. Recognizing that we are always stronger together, we encourage everyone to get involved by joining our Advocacy Network. We’ve also created several Advocacy Tools and Resources to help you successfully advocate on behalf of the ostomy community to ensure every ostomate receives quality care.
- Bringing People Together Around the Globe for Ostomy AwarenessSeptember 17, 2021 - 2:07 pm
- Physical Rehabilitation After SurgerySeptember 15, 2021 - 2:14 pm
- A Worldwide Movement For Ostomy Rights!August 18, 2021 - 3:05 pm
- Jasmine’s StoryAugust 11, 2021 - 9:16 am
- Matt’s Story: Living Life Intentionally with Short Bowel SyndromeJuly 20, 2021 - 2:00 pm
UOAA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.