Join the Worldwide Run For Resilience Virtual Ostomy 5k at your favorite place to walk/run/roll this Ostomy Awareness Day ~ October 3, 2020. Ask you family and friends to join you, and create your own mini-event.
To ensure that you receive your race Bib, please register by Monday, September 28th at 1:00 p.m. EST, otherwise your Bib will be emailed to you.
You can also order a special 10th Anniversary Ostomy Awareness Day Race T-Shirt when you sign up for the virtual race. When registering, choose the option for Virtual Ostomy 5k – Including Technical T-shirt. The $17.50 fee includes shipping. To receive the T-Shirt size ordered, please register by Friday, September 11th. There is no guarantee you will receive this T-Shirt size chosen after this date. (Shirts and bibs can only be shipped to the USA and Canada) Additional donations are appreciated to help offset costs. Bib numbers can be emailed worldwide.
1. CLICK HERE to register for the Virtual Ostomy 5k event!
2. Run, walk or roll a 5k (3.1 miles) route on a track, park or a location of your choice near you! You can even run/walk on a treadmill.
3. Take pictures of yourself doing your virtual race and e-mail them to us or tag us on Facebook or Instagram.
4. Promote ostomy awareness and education to your family, friends and community during Ostomy Awareness Day. Post your experience to both UOAA’s Facebook page and the Run for Resilience Facebook page!
5. Hashtag your photos #RunforResilience and we may repost on Twitter or Instagram.
6. Create a Fundraising Page or Team and raise money for ostomy awareness, advocacy and support. All proceeds benefit United Ostomy Associations of America, Inc (UOAA) charity, a 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible. (https://www.ostomy.org/)
7. Don’t run or walk but want to get involved with Ostomy Awareness Day? No problem, visit https://www.ostomy.org/ostomy-awareness-day/ to write a proclamation request or a letter to the editor, join the fun on social media, and much, much more.
CLICK HERE to learn more to Register, Donate or start a Fundraising Team today!