Join the Nationwide Run For Resilience Virtual Ostomy 5k at Your Favorite Place to Walk/Run/Roll this Ostomy Awareness Day: October 5, 2019
If you are interested in participating in the Run for Resilience Ostomy 5k but are unable to physically attend the live events in AL, AZ, ID, MI, NC, NJ, PA, TN or WA, you can still sign-up and participate in your own virtual 5k walk/run/roll on October 5, 2019 or on a date convenient for you! You can also support the cause by donating or fundraising on behalf of UOAA.
1. CLICK HERE to register for the Virtual Ostomy 5k event!
2. Run, walk or roll a 5k (3.1 miles) route on a track, park or a location of your choice near you! You can even run/walk on a treadmill.
3. There is no cost to participate! Gather your family and friends to have a great time, and to Run for Resilience! To ensure that you receive your free race Bib, please register by Monday, September 30th at 1:00 p.m. EST, otherwise your Bib will be emailed to you.
4. You can order a special Ostomy Awareness Day technical race t-shirt when you sign up for the virtual race. When registering, choose the option for Virtual Ostomy 5k – Including Technical T-shirt. The $15.00 fee includes shipping. To receive the T-Shirt size ordered, please register by Friday, September 13th. There is no guarantee you will receive this T-Shirt size chosen after this date. (Shirts and bibs can only be shipped to the USA and Canada) Additional donations are appreciated to help offset costs. Bib numbers can be emailed worldwide.
5. Take pictures of yourself doing your virtual race and tag us on Facebook or e-mail them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Photos will be posted on the www.ostomy5k.org website and the Ostomy 5k Facebook page after the run.
6. Hashtag your photos #RunforResilience and we may repost on Twitter or Instagram. Promote ostomy awareness and education to your family, friends and community during Ostomy Awareness Day. Post your experience to the Ostomy 5k Facebook page.
7. Create a Fundraising Page or Team and raise money ostomy awareness, advocacy and support. Proceeds will go to UOAA.
8. Don’t run or walk but want to get involved with Ostomy Awareness Day? No problem visit https://www.ostomy.org to write a proclamation request or a letter to the editor, join the fun on social media, and much, much more.
CLICK HERE to learn more to Register, Donate or start a Fundraising Team today!