We are a Support Group for Ostomates and a member of the UOAA, Inc. An Ostomate is someone with a: Urostomy, Ileostomy, Colostomy, or a Continent Diversion.
- We Provide direct aid and support to Ostomates through our group meetings and individually through our visitation program.
- We Help solve problems by providing information and referrals by all means of communication.
- There are opportunities to make new friends by socializing among people with similar experiences and circumstances.
Our Visitation Program consist of a personal one-on-one meeting (in person, on the telephone or by email). To dialogue and present ourselves as role models to potential and new ostomates:
- Before Surgery to offer hope and encouragement.
- After Surgery to provide comfort and assurance.
- During Rehabilitation to ease the adjustment and adaptation as an ostomate.
Our Meetings arrange programs and activities for ostomates, caregivers, family, and friends to:
- Learn about new products, procedures and processes, with the assistance from the United Ostomy Associations of America, Inc.
- We encourage the Medical Community to promote our cause through direct communications.
- We generally have a WOCN in attendance at every meeting.
Please contact Bill Kuhn (below) for the time and place of our meetings.
United Ostomy Associations of America
P.O. Box 525
Kennebunk, ME 04043-0525
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-826-0826.
Our Information Line hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm (Wednesday until 2pm) EST. If you have an emergency, please dial 911 or contact your local medical professional.
Please understand that UOAA is a private, nonprofit, advocacy and informational organization. We are not a medical facility and we do not have medical or legal professionals on staff. Therefore, UOAA does not provide Medical, Mental Health, Insurance or Legal Advice.
UOAA is the leading organization proactively advocating on behalf of the ostomy community. Recognizing that we are always stronger together, we encourage everyone to get involved by joining our Advocacy Network. We’ve also created several Advocacy Tools and Resources to help you successfully advocate on behalf of the ostomy community to ensure every ostomate receives quality care.
- We’re here for Colorectal Cancer SurvivorsMarch 14, 2023 - 2:11 pm
- Life as a Double OstomateMarch 7, 2023 - 12:55 pm
- Calling all Ostomates, You’re Invited to H-TownJanuary 26, 2023 - 11:20 am
- TRAVELING WITH AN OSTOMYJanuary 10, 2023 - 10:37 am
- 5 Reasons It’s Awesome to Have an Ostomy During the HolidaysDecember 15, 2022 - 10:11 am
UOAA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.