If you or someone you know has a colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy, you may be interested in attending the Ostomy Support Group at Medical City Lewisville.
The Ostomy Support Group provides:
- Information on managing stoma and skin problems
- Updates on new and current ostomy care and products
- Helpful tips from other members to improve quality of life
- Invited speakers such as physicians, ostomy product representatives, etc.
- Support and education
- Patient Visitor Program—specially trained volunteers to visit new patients in the hospital
- Led by an Advanced Practice Nurse certified in Ostomy Care
- Affiliated with the United Ostomy Associations of America (UOAA)
Meets every 3rd Thursday at 6:00 pm (Refreshments provided)
Medical City Lewisville
Medical Arts Building, 1st Floor, Classroom 3
475 Elm Street, Lewisville, TX 75057 (map)
For more information, contact Rita Whitney, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CWOCN, CWS at 972-519-1479.
United Ostomy Associations of America
P.O. Box 2293
Biddeford, ME 04005-2293
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-826-0826.
Our Information Line hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm EST. If you have an emergency, please dial 911 or contact your local medical professional.
Please understand that UOAA is a private, nonprofit, advocacy and informational organization. We are not a medical facility and we do not have medical or legal professionals on staff. Therefore, UOAA does not provide Medical, Mental Health, Insurance or Legal Advice.
UOAA is the leading organization proactively advocating on behalf of the ostomy community. Recognizing that we are always stronger together, we encourage everyone to get involved by joining our Advocacy Network. We’ve also created several Advocacy Tools and Resources to help you successfully advocate on behalf of the ostomy community to ensure every ostomate receives quality care.