If you or someone you know has a colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy, you may be interested in attending the Ostomy Support Group at Medical City Lewisville.
The Ostomy Support Group provides:
- Information on managing stoma and skin problems
- Updates on new and current ostomy care and products
- Helpful tips from other members to improve quality of life
- Invited speakers such as physicians, ostomy product representatives, etc.
- Support and education
- Patient Visitor Program—specially trained volunteers to visit new patients in the hospital
- Led by an Advanced Practice Nurse certified in Ostomy Care
- Affiliated with the United Ostomy Associations of America (UOAA)
Meets every 3rd Thursday at 6:00 pm (Refreshments provided)
Medical City Lewisville
Medical Arts Building, 1st Floor, Classroom 3
475 Elm Street, Lewisville, TX 75057 (map)
For more information, contact Rita Whitney, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CWOCN, CWS at 972-519-1479.
United Ostomy Associations of America
P.O. Box 525
Kennebunk, ME 04043-0525
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-826-0826.
Our Information Line hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm (Wednesday until 2pm) EST. If you have an emergency, please dial 911 or contact your local medical professional.
UOAA does not provide Medical, Mental Health, Insurance or Legal Advice.
Join our national advocacy network and take action on issues that affect the quality of life of all people living with an ostomy or continent diversion in the United States. Help UOAA make an impact on decision-makers and together we can drive change.
- Simple Ways to Reduce Anxiety and Help Your Immune SystemMarch 17, 2020 - 9:48 am
- Coronavirus Effects on the Ostomy CommunityMarch 12, 2020 - 3:58 pm
- UOAA Advocates Making an Impact on the HillMarch 12, 2020 - 10:49 am
- Coronavirus is Not Affecting Ostomy Supply ProductionMarch 4, 2020 - 1:36 pm
- Ostomy Myths vs RealityFebruary 27, 2020 - 2:06 pm