If you or someone you know has a colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy, you may be interested in attending the Ostomy Support Group at Medical City Lewisville.
The Ostomy Support Group provides:
- Information on managing stoma and skin problems
- Updates on new and current ostomy care and products
- Helpful tips from other members to improve quality of life
- Invited speakers such as physicians, ostomy product representatives, etc.
- Support and education
- Patient Visitor Program—specially trained volunteers to visit new patients in the hospital
- Led by an Advanced Practice Nurse certified in Ostomy Care
- Affiliated with the United Ostomy Associations of America (UOAA)
Meets every 3rd Thursday at 6:00 pm (Refreshments provided)
Medical City Lewisville
Medical Arts Building, 1st Floor, Classroom 3
475 Elm Street, Lewisville, TX 75057 (map)
For more information, contact Rita Whitney, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CWOCN, CWS at 972-519-1479.
United Ostomy Associations of America
P.O. Box 525
Kennebunk, ME 04043-0525
Call us toll-free at: 1-800-826-0826.
Our Information Line hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 3pm (Wednesday until 2pm) EST. If you have an emergency, please dial 911 or contact your local medical professional.
UOAA does not provide Medical, Mental Health, Insurance or Legal Advice.
UOAA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Members of UOAA’s governing Board of Directors’ play a key role in determining the strategic direction of the organization. If you have leadership skills and want to share your knowledge and experience to help ensure UOAA continues its mission to support the ostomy community now and well into the future, please consider becoming a leader on our volunteer Board of Directors.