UOAA Ostomy Awareness Day
SUNDAY, JULY 25, 2010
UOAA is proud to announce its 1st National Ostomy Awareness Day!
Let’s celebrate by spreading awareness and increasing national visibility of those living with ostomies. We will break the silence and shine a positive light on what has saved so many lives.
There are many ways to participate in this event.
• Change your profile picture to the UOAA logo
• Change your Facebook status to the day’s slogan:
“Ostomates Unite and Help Place
The Ostomy In A Positive Light!
Celebrate UOAA’s Ostomy Awareness Day!”
You can also:
• Tweet the slogan above with #ostomyday
• Blog about the event
• Talk to your family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers
Facebook. Tweet. Blog. Speak.
News relating to Ostomy Awareness Day:
- On Ostomy Awareness Day, watch the LIVE
Podcast on the Talkin’ ’Bout Guts
website, all day on July 25, 2010.
- C&S Pouch Covers is
supporting Ostomy Awareness Day by donating 10% of all sales on July 25, 2010 to the
UOAA. Also anyone who orders 6 pouch covers on that day only will receive 2 free
- Hollister-supported website C3Life.com is
supporting UOAA Ostomy Awareness Day with a Twitter fundraiser! For each tweet mentioning
the #ostomyday hashtag, @C3Life.com will donate $1 for up to a total of $2,500 to the @UOAA.
The fundraiser will take place on UOAA Ostomy Awareness Day, Sunday, July 25 from 12:00 am
to 12:00 pm.
- St. Louis Medical Supply has announced that, in honor of Ostomy Awareness Day: From July 6th to July 27th, they are donating 5% of all Ostomy supply sales to the UOAA.